When people experience a destabilizing situation, they need an advocate to help them find their way through that dark time. That’s what CCMC’s Advocacy Services do – we light the way. The circumstances that bring people to us are overwhelming, leaving many almost paralyzed by fear, disbelief, and even shame. Those circumstances are almost always a symptom of complicated issues and our advocates are skilled in identifying what those issues are and what steps can be taken to move forward.
Many times, people have no idea what resources are available, what services or assistance they might qualify for, or where to go for help. That’s where our Advocacy Services come in. We listen. We assess. We help our clients examine what causes, conditions, and barriers exist. We use our expertise, our partnership with community agencies, and our skills to not only address the current destabilizing situation, but the deeper circumstances that perpetuate one tyrannical crisis after another.
It all begins by making an appointment with our Advocacy Services Coordinator who will conduct a comprehensive assessment during the first meeting. We help our clients to develop a plan, create a budget, we provide information to access resources and services, explore options for employment, budgeting, and identify barriers to progress. We treat each client with dignity, compassion, and reassurance that they are not alone. They soon realize that they now have people who not only care about them, but have the skills and knowledge to help them get back on their feet. Clients can expect follow up to help them stay on track with a plan to break destabilizing cycles.
HOW TO ACCESS OUR ADVOCACY SERVICES
All persons needing assistance MUST have an appointment.
NOTE: Walk-ins cannot be accomodated.
Please do not call to make an appointment.
To make an appointment, please click here to complete the ONLINE APPLICATION REQUEST.
You will be contacted within 1-2 business days by an Advocacy Services Coordinator who will set your appointment time.
Please arrive on time for your appointment at CCMC, 133 Arbor Street.
Masks are required in order to be admitted into the building.
If you are having problems, please email email@example.com.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Expect to be treated with dignity and respect.
Expect a warm and welcoming space when you come in for your appointments.
Expect to realize that you are no longer facing your circumstances alone, but have an advocate who is skilled to help you access resources and strategic plans to help you stabilize.
Expect to have follow up appointments to help you keep on track with the plans you make together.
Expect to participate in the work that will be required to change your circumstances.
Expect to find empowerment as you take control of your life and circumstances.
- Jackson House, Monday – Saturday, Noon-1pm, 705 Malvern Ave. Call 501-623-4048 for more information or click here.
- Salvation Army, Monday – Friday, 5pm-6pm, Sunday, 12:30-1:30pm, 115 Crescent Ave. Call 501-623-1628 for more information or click here.
- Grand Avenue United Methodist Church – Table of Grace, Sunday, 4:30pm-6pm, 841 Quapaw Ave. Call 501-623-5626 for more information or click here
Counseling & Mental Health
- Ouachita Behavioral Health and Wellness (OBHAW), 125 Wellness Way. Call 501-624-7111 for more information or click here.
- Hot Springs Housing Authority, pick up applications Monday-Thursday, 7:30am-5:30pm, 1004 Illinoise St. Call 501-624-4420 for more information.
- Levi Towers (for ages 62+), pick up applications any time, 240 Prospect Ave. Call 501-623-8419 for more information.
- Aristocrat (for ages 62+ and for those with disabilities), pick up applications Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, 240 Central Ave. Call 501-624-4601 for more information.
- Home Harbor, pick up applications Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm, 501 Malvern Ave. Call 501-623-5800 for more information.
Garland County Resource Guide
United Way of the Ouachitas, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm, 233 Hobson Ave. Call 501-623-2505 or click here.
- Ouachita Family Center provides safe, secure shelter and support services for all victims of domestic violence and their children. They also provide court advocacy including assistance in filing orders of protection and accompanying victims to court with an attorney present.
- 24 Hour Hotline:
- CLICK HERE FOR RECENT JOBS LISTINGS COMPILED BY CCMC’S ADVOCACY SERVICES.
- Express Employment, 1702 Malvern Ave #B. Call 501-520-0333 for more information or click here.
- Staffmark, 4328 Central Ave #D. Call 501-525-4443 for more information or click here.
- Labor Finders, 1301 Central Ave. Call 501-623-1799 for more information or click here.
- Arkansas Workforce, 2254 Albert Pike #A. Call 501-525-3450 for more information or click here.
- Indeed. For more information click here
- Veterans Arkansas Workforce, 2254 Albert Pike #A. Call 501-525-3450 for more information or click here.
- Stoneworks. Meet at Garland County Library, 1427 Malvern Ave, Thursdays, 10:30am-12:30pm. Call Sheryl Talbert at 501-620-9381 for more information.
- Checker Cab, 501-623-2525
- Resort Cab, 501-624-5656
- Service Cab, 501-624-5656
- Yellow Cab, 501-623-1616
Hot Springs Intracity Transit
- Intracity Transit (IT) buses operate from 6:10 am until 6 pm, Monday through Friday, and from 10:10 am until 6 pm on Saturday. All bus routes begin and end their daily runs at the Transportation Plaza, 100 Broadway Terrace. Buses do not run on Sunday, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. For more information, call 501-321-2020. Paratransit Service is 501-321-6625. TDD is 501-321-6843. You can also download the 2019 Bus Fares and Bus Routes and Schedules from the links below.
Stay Connected to Our Mission
Please complete the Subscribe form below to keep updated on our events, projects, and the great successes that happen at CCMC.
When you stay connected, you become part of CCMC's work to disrupt poverty, advocate for those who need help, and offer our charitable clinic services.
Together, we can make our community a better place to live, work, and play. By the way, we never share your contact information. Never.
Subscribe here to keep updated on work
CONTACT US TODAY
133 Arbor Street, Hot Springs, AR, 71901
Call Us: (501) 318-1153